About me

My photo
Hello! Thanks for visiting my blog, I am the hoster of July's Handmade, an online cake and handicraft shop. We can custom make your birthday cake as your requirement. Let's add us on FACEBOOK and visit our webshop: www.julyshm.com , or email me at julyshm@gmail.com.

20101005

Earl Grey Bread

Erik told me it's hard for him to read my blog, maybe it's better to include english subtitle in each of my entries lol. I hope my 'limited' english can be enough to express my feelings and to share my bakery expreience ... (btw, plz tell me if any of u (especailly ms. dora cheng) find that there're any mistakes in my words... =P)

This is what I made last night, Earl Grey Bread. I used about 10 packs of Twinings Earl Grey to make this bread!!!! The whole room scented with very rich bergamot fragrant when baking. This time i tried to take some photos about the process of making a loaf of bread. Let's go!!











Earl Grey Bread Bread is now lying on the cool tray to let cool~~~





I distributed the dough into six same pieces for the second fermentation, after around 20 minutes, i punched on the dough to release air, this can give a better fermentation for the bread.





I rolled the dough into long slices and then rolled it back, stay for another 20-25 minutes for another fermentation.










This is the third fermentation, it's ready to make a shape.
I'm so sorry that I cannot provide the picture when mixing up all ingredients coz it's too sticky! but anyway it's much better than last time, the mixture liked glue last time...=.=" i think it's becoz i changed to use another japanese brand bread flour called '昭和行', this brand contains more protein than the previous one so it absorbs more water, not so sticky as before.







After shaping!! the last 40 minutes fermentation!! but i think the fermentation was not good as before, maybe it's become cooler last night... it just raised about 3/4 times larger... so i tried to put them in front of the preheating oven (around 10cm far with the oven) in order to let them grow faster~~~ the outcome showed that i was success!! haha! it raised bigger and bigger, then i jam some egg on the surface before baking.  








ready to bake lor~~~ =D









LOVE IT!!

I was so so hungry while the bread was baking in the oven. my apartment was occupied by the fresh yeast and earl grey fragrant...

It's super fun to make bread!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment